What to Expect
Paint Your Own Pottery (PYOP) studios offer a wide selection of fun & functional pottery. We don’t use a wheel to throw our own pottery – our ceramic pieces are preformed & just waiting to be painted. This is a great way to create something truly unique that reflects your own style & personality!
EASY AS 1-2-3!
(1) Choose your pottery (2) Relax & Paint (3) Pickup in 1 week!
A LITTLE MORE ABOUT YOUR EXPERIENCE…
- IT TAKES A WEEK When you finish painting, your pieces need to be kiln fired. So you leave them with us and return to pickup one week from the day you paint. Don’t wait for us to call – WE DO NOT CALL unless there is a delay or an issue.
- CHOICES We offer a wide selection of fun & functional pottery for kids and adults. From home decor & kitchen accessories to seasonal & holiday and so much more!
- ALL AGES & LEVELS Everyone is an artist at The Pottery Cove! No experience is necessary – we give you all the help you need to create something you’ll be proud to call your own!.
- PRICING The cost of our pottery varies depending on your choice. We are an all inclusive studio, so there are no additional studio fees.
- NON TOXIC All of the glazes we provide are food safe & will easily come off any clothing.
- ABOUT OUR PAINTS Although you will hear us say ‘paints’, they are actually ceramic glazes, which are different than acrylic paints. When you are finished painting, your piece will appear much lighter than it’s corresponding color tile & the finish will be chalky (not shiny).
- KILN FIRING After we apply a clear glaze, we fire them in our kiln, which is when the magic happens! The high heat in the kiln basically transform that dull ceramic finish into glass. So when you come back to get your pieces – they’ll be shiny and bright!
- HOW MUCH TIME DOES IT TAKE TO PAINT? The time really does vary. Younger children can finish as quick as 15 minutes, so be prepared for a shorter than planned visit. However, 1.5 to 2 hours is a typical time frame. If you are detail-oriented, choose a complex piece/design, or are just having so much fun – it may take 2 hours. Therefore, you should plan to arrive 90 minutes before closing,
- IF YOU DON’T FINISH You can always bring your piece back to finish at no extra cost – or we can give you paints if you want to finish at home..